Believe it or not I am back to blog some more. Hope there is somebody out there that still checks me out every now & again!!
How has everybody been doing? Good I hope, if not are we doing what is necessary to get over what ever it might be that is troubling us? It doesn't matter if it is drugs,alcohol,finances,what people say or do,or life in general there are many things that could cause us trouble. It is up to us to find some way to recover from whatever it might be. It is best to seek counsel from others when we need it not just when we want it. In Narcotics Anonymous it is very highly suggested to get a sponsor and to work the 12 Steps of the program. These are the steps:
1)"We admitted that we were powerless over our addiction,that our lives had become unmanageable."
2)"We came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity."
3)"We made a decision to turn our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him."
4)We made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves."
5)"We admitted to God to ourselves,and another human being the exact nature of our wrongs."
6)"We were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character."
7)We humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings."
8)"We made a list of all persons we had harmed,and became willing to make amends to them all."
9)"We made direct amends to such people wherever possible except when to do so would injure them or others ."
10)We continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it."
11)"We sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him,praying only for knowledge of his will for us and the power to carry that out."
12)"Having had a spiritual awakening as a result of these steps,we tried to carry to carry this message to addicts,and to practice these principles in all our affairs."
These steps are the key to the program of NA. You can only get the true benefits of the program if you work them. Personally I need to get to work !!
Don't get me wrong I am doing very good but I know it can be so much better. Everyday is a blessing to me and I thank God for everyone of them. I know that if I work these steps it can be so much better though,and I am ready for it to get better. The better I get,the better I can be for somebody else.
Anybody can use these steps to help them in just about any area of their lives,not just addicts and alcoholics.
The question we need to ask ourselves :Are we recovering from our hurts,hangups,bad habits,or whatever the problem might be, or are we resting? The reason I say this is because I have been told that if I, as an addict, don't work the steps with a sponsor I am just taking a break from the drugs for a little while. Honestly that really scares me because I do not want to go back to that life. That life could KILL me and I'm not ready to go Yet! I just need to get to work, no doubt.
There is so much more to recovery for an addict than not using drugs. It is called having responsibilities:working,getting up making your bed in the morning, making something of yourself, being willing to help somebody else,and so forth and so on. By working these steps it will help us with all of these things. I know a few people that are not using drugs , and haven't for a little while, but that is all. You see, the drugs are just a symptom of an addicts disease. We have many other things to face in our recovery. The main thing is to find out who we really are. These steps are here for a reason. That reason is get in touch with ourselves. We cannot do it alone. We need a good sponsor that is willing to give us the guidance and support that we need.
The definition of Recover is:1)To get or win back again.2)To regain health,or self control.
The definition of recovery is:1)The act of getting back something that was lost or stolen.2)A return to health,good spirits,or prosperity.
I have recovered a pretty good bit since I quit using drugs and turned my life over to God. I know there is so much more that I don't even know about. I am ready to recover whatever else is out there to recover, and also find whatever is out there that I have never had before . I know there are no limits to what we can do in our lives. It is totally up to us to go after it. Nobody can do it for us. Philippians 4:13 says " I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
The Bible says God wants to fulfill the desires of my heart and I know He wants me to be happy and live a comfortable life. All I have to do is the work on my end and everything will be OK . If I stay in Gods will I know I'll be better off. At the same time there will always be problems in my life, but I don't have to let them control me like they did in the past.
Many great people are coming into my life that I know, without a shadow of a doubt, will help anyway possible as long as I continue to help myself. Thanks everybody that is out there to help me. I know that you all are gifts from God. My God knows what I need in my life and apparently I need ya'll. At the same time I am here for you all also.
Are we recovering on the inside or the outside?
Sometimes recovery is exhausting. Sometimes we may feel like one raw nerve all the way down to the core of our being. In times like this we see clearly that our healing must be from the inside out. Nothing superficial will be of any consequence. We need our inner being,our heart,to experience God's healing power.
God understands where our healing must take place. It is up to us to work on that and He will help. God seeks to strengthen us in our inner being. Christ seeks to dwell in our heart. God is not interested in appearances . He is not interested in performances. It is not His plan for us to look good. His work will be deeper and necessarily more painful than that. The transformation we need will take place at the core of our being.
Such work may seem impossibly difficult to us. But it is not impossible for God. He WILL strengthen our inner being if we allow Him to. God is not helpless in the face of our brokenness. He is a resourceful God.
We must keep a can do attitude no matter what and have faith in a Higher Power that we believe can and will help us if we really want it.
We don't get this help because we need it, we get it because we really want it. We have to want it more than anything. This takes action on our behalf. I have been asking myself this lately (am I doing what is necessary for a healthy recovery)
I know I need to get back to work on my steps to better myself cause one day God is going to put somebody in my life that is going to depend on me for a lot. For that matter probably a lot of people, and I need to be ready for it. Are you ready???
Anyway I have rambled on enough for now!! I just want to say that I love You all!!! Keep coming back, It works if you work it, Never give up,Always strive for more, Don't get comfortable it could be fatal,and God bless you all!!!!
We know what to do now lets do it !!!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Believe it or not, I check every single day, without fail, to see if you have anything new to say... What a nice surprise for me today to actually have something to read. Keep writing and sharing. It surely helps me!
Love,
Sandy
Sounds like you are ready to move on to the next phase. God always has a next phase for you. He wants you to continue to grow in Him and to Him. Isn't it exciting to know that He always has something else waiting for you? Reminds me of the phrase, "Be patient, God isn't finished with me yet." I use to laugh when I would see that, but I realize there is so much truth in that statement. I enjoy reading your posts and hope to see more soon. Get back with your step work and I'm sure you'll lots more to share! Love you.
Bernie, you CAN do all things with Christ who strengthens you. I believe in you and I am so proud of how far you have already come. You are inspiration to so many people. I am glad that you are going to continue in your step work. It's very important. Don't forget that I am always here for you. I love you!!
Post a Comment