How is everybody doing? I am doing good. I am very tired though. I have had a long weekend but it was a very good one.It started out friday night with Sandy at the movies. We went and saw The Nativity Story. It was a very good movie. It is about the birth of Jesus. You know anything about Jesus is good. Can I get an AMEN on that? It was kinda weird because today in church the preacher talked about the same thing. That's just one of those God things. Just letting me know he is there. It is good to be in the presence of God or the Holy Spirit. I rolled out of the bed saturday morning at about 7:00 am. I met my buddys Jack & Jeremiah at the Hardware store to get some stuff. We then headed down to the church to meet up with our friend Andy to go out in the river to pick some oysters for an oyster roast we had planned for saturday night. We all went out in Andy's boat to pick them. We got in the river around 9:00 am. We spent a few hours out there picking. Man what a job!!! By the time we got done picking & washing the oysters at Andy's house it was around 3:30. We then went back home to get cleaned up. Man were we dirty. I believe next time we have an oyster roast we need to have a fund raiser of some sort to purchase the oysters. We sure did have a good time out there picking them though. I enjoy anytime I get to spend with some people that care about me. True friends are what they are. I know that any one of them would do anything for me as I would do anything for them to help them out. But I believe that we were all wore slap out by the time we got to the oyster roast but we definetly had a great time of fellowship in the river and at the cook out. I wish we could do stuff like that more often. We had a good turn out. Quite a few people showed up to the oyster roast. I honestly believe everybody that showed up had a good time. We cooked the oysters, some shrimp, everybody brought a side dish or something. We had plenty to eat that's for sure. We also sang some karaoke. That was pretty fun everybody participated in the singing. Even I did and I can't carry a tune in a bucket, but that didn't matter we were there to have fun so that is what we did. My friend Colton called me while were picking Oysters. I told him about the oyster roast and invited him to come and he did. He had a great time also. He used to be bad off in the drug world but he like me is in recovery now by the grace of God. He also made it to church this morning which was great. I am so glad he made it to the cook out and to church. He hasn't been to church in a while. We all need to keep in contact with God without Him will be living our lives aimlessly missing the whole purpose of our lives because we will find our purpose in Him. We will have a void in our lives and try to fill that void with anything. Me I tried to fill it with drugs but that did not satisfy me. As a matter of fact it made it way worse. I now allow Jesus to live in me and now I no longer have that void in my life. God is all we need he will supply all our needs.Maybe not our wants but our needs for sure. Colton called me a few minutes ago. He is on the way back home from dropping off his daughter with his ex-wife out of town. He called to tell me he enjoyed sunday school and the church service this morning. He said it has got him thinking about some things. It sounds as if he might be hungering for the same thing we should all hunger for. God!!! I have invited him over to my mom & dads on monday night to join us during our prayer meeting. Hope he comes!!! How about keeping him in your prayers ??? Ya'll know prayer changes things,look at me!!! Anyway after church today was the Beaufort christmas parade. My sisters and friends had a float in the parade. They have a group called the Flip Flop Club. Man what a group !! I had volunteered to drive in the parade for them. I was still wore out from the oyster roast. I really didn't want to do it but man I am glad that I did cause I had a really good time. Plus I know that they all appreciated it. For one they had an extra two hands to help decorate the float in the rain. It was pretty cold also but I didn't care. I know that anybody in the flip flop club would do anything in their power to help me in my recovery. Believe it or not hanging out with them helped me out alot. They all took part in keeping me clean another few hours!! Thank you all!! I now have to go. Actually I am back my computer was acting up so I had to wait for some assistance before I could complete this. It is now Tuesday 4:20 I just got home from work. Another good day for me thank you Lord!!!
Colton ended coming over last night for the prayer meeting so did one of Jack's friends. We had a great time of fellowship. Shoooont what choice did we have a few of Gods children gathered in the name of Jesus we are definetly going to have a good time. If you dont beleive me come over on any monday night and witness it for yourself .
FRIENDS WE CAN TRUST
When we look back at our struggles with addiction or whatever , who were the ones who "stuck with us "? Who are the ones who are still with us now? Who can we trust? Who is walking with us now ?
Our twelve step groups or whatever groups we are involved with that help us are devoted to friendship and equality. Every meeting is a safe and secure place to meet friends who won't run out on you or us. Recovery is for companions who walk hand in hand together. It's not a "do it yourself project" or "Everyone for himself ." We are together for us all to get put back together.
In other words we must all stick together for the good . ( The Body of Christ) anyway gotta go but don't forget that I love you all whoever reads this. May God bless you all in the name of Jesus I ask this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I will "keep coming back" to read your posts! They are so motivating and real. You are the best boy twin a girl could ask for! Love you too much!
Amy
I love reading your posts! Like Amy said, they are so motivating and real. I love witnessing what God is doing in your life and in your recovery. You are truly a servant and you are touching so many other lives in your special way through Him. I know God is going to bless this site and bring to it those that need to hear what He has done for you, and will do for them if they just turn it over to Him like you have. You are an inspiration to me and I am so proud of you! I love you!
I too love reading your posts! You really are an inspiration to me, just seeing how faithful you are to God. You are a wonderful person and Jack and I are proud to know you. Thanks so much for your help at the parade! Love 'ya!
Hey little brother! Thank you so much for helping us Sunday afternoon. I know that you were so tired but you came anyway and wore your handsome smile all day long! I am so proud of you and I know that God will continue to bless you in all that you do! I love you so much!!!
I love you Bernie. Great post...busy weekend. I think we all love spending time with you so much that we want to pull you in all sorts of directions. We'll have to be careful to share you and not wear you out at the same time. I guess you're the only good reason cloning should be legal....hahaha...Imagine that two or more Bernie Macs...I guess you could call it the Bernie Mac Attack...hahah...ok, it's real late I need to go to bed, that actually sounded funny. Love ya.
THank you for you help and your willingness to help. You are a very kind man. It is a blessing to me to get to watch you in recovery. I can see that through God, ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE. Love ya!
hey bernie keep doing what ur doing and ull keep getting what ur getting
Hey Bern,
I guess i haven't had time to visit the blog world in a while.
I too want to thank you for helping with the float. It would not have been the same without you there. Yes, it was cold and wet but it was very memorable.
Have I told you lately how proud I am of you? Well, I am! You rock little brother! I love you!
Post a Comment